July 10, 2018
Dear Members of the Rutgers University-New Brunswick Community,
I am pleased to announce that renovations to The Rutgers Club in its new location on the second floor of Livingston Dining Commons (85 Ave E, Piscataway Township) are near completion. The Club is currently open for breakfast and lunch, with reservations open for private events. More information on the hours of operation can be found here.The grand re-opening celebration is currently scheduled for Thursday, September 13th, 2018. Please save the date- more information to follow.
We will be breaking ground on a dedicated parking lot for the Rutgers Club this summer, with completion anticipated by the Fall of 2018. In the interim, there are reserved parking spaces available in Lot 101 for club patrons without a Rutgers parking hangtag. Rutgers parking hangtag holders may use the parking lots specified by their parking permit.
The Rutgers Club does not follow standard university catering procedure as it operates with a liquor license. Per the State of NJ Liquor Laws, Club membership is required to utilize the benefits of the Club fully. These perks include, but are not limited to:
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Access to exclusive events at The Club (themed nights, wine tastings, etc.)
- Booking a private event or meeting
- Bringing up to nine (9) non-member guests with you to The Club to consume alcoholic beverages
- Reciprocity with over 100 clubs and university clubs across the world (must call ahead first)
- Ability to book a reservation in advance
- Any person over 21 years of age or over is eligible for membership after filling out a written application that can be found here
For more information about The Rutgers Club, current operating hours, pictures of the renovations, and membership application please visit rutgersclub.rutgers.edu.
Felicia E. McGinty, Ed.D.
Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
126 College Avenue
New Brunswick, NJ 08901