This application is now closed.
The Dr. Jewel Plummer Cobb S.T.E.A.M. Women’s Empowerment Conference Committee invites you to apply to become a presenter for the Empowerment Breakout sessions. We ask presenters to focus on topics surrounding Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics while weaving in the theme for this year, “The Future is Feminist”. This theme truly speaks to this impactful and motivational forum where self-identified women of all ages and backgrounds are inspired to take personal responsibility in owning and embracing their story, identity, and leadership journey. Because the Dr. Jewel Plummer Cobb S.T.E.A.M. Women’s Empowerment Conference is comprehensive in scope, we are looking for presentations that accomplish one or all of the following key objectives:
- Discuss the legacy of community advocates such as Dr. Jewel Plummer Cobb and Paul Robeson, and the importance of organizing to advance social justice and human rights.
- Assist attendees with understanding the need for women’s empowerment strategies and discuss efforts to create inclusive women’s empowerment environments, programs, and initiatives in an educational settings.
- Assist attendees with defining women’s empowerment, and discuss the various issues in today’s society that create obstacles for self-identified women throughout the world.
- Provide spaces to share stories, insights, points-of-view, skills, tools, and strategies that stress action, solutions, implementation, and practical applications.
- Facilitate opportunities for discussion on ways that self-identified women and allies can be change agents in today’s society.
Proposals will be evaluated based on the following:
- Session content,
- Usage of STEAM education
- Evidence of clearly stated outcomes and objectives
- Adherence to program submission guidelines
Program submissions are being accepted for the following program formats:
- General Sessions, 50 minutes
Please ensure in the justification section that you address how you will utilize the specific format and why it is best suited for your topic.
Please submit demographic information for the coordinating presenter, and complete all of the fields.
For longer text fields such as the program abstract and outline, you may find it easier to type in a word processing program and cut and paste the text into the space provided.
Presenters are required to register if selected to present a session. You do not have to be registered to submit a proposal.