Dear Scarlet Knights:
Congratulations on completing what has been a challenging academic year for everyone. We are all looking forward to summer and, of course, the return to Rutgers in the fall. The following is important information about: the COVID vaccination requirement for all Rutgers students; COVID-19 resources; housing; and New Student Orientation to help you prepare for a successful fall semester.
If you will be taking classes in the fall, please be aware that there is a COVID vaccination requirement for all Rutgers students, whether you live on- or off-campus. Rutgers has multiple vaccine clinics available for new and returning students. Learn more and make an appointment at https://coronavirus.rutgers.edu/covid-19-vaccine/
Student vaccinations must be completed and documentation uploaded (for both doses, if you receive Moderna or Pfizer; for one dose if receiving Johnson & Johnson) by Sunday, August 1, 2021. You can upload your completed immunization documents here.
- For students who choose to receive the Moderna vaccine (two doses required), the LATEST that you can receive the FIRST dose is Saturday July 3, 2021.
- For students who choose to receive the Pfizer vaccine (two doses required), the LATEST that you can receive the FIRST dose is Saturday, July 10, 2021.
- For students who choose to receive the Johnson and Johnson vaccine (one dose required), the LATEST that you can receive the first and only dose is Saturday, July 31, 2021.
- Vaccines are available FREE OF CHARGE throughout the state and the country. In addition to vaccine clinics on each Rutgers campus:
- Visit the New Jersey vaccine appointment finder for other locations in New Jersey.
- Outside of New Jersey, check your state for information or use this site to find a vaccine location near you.
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS:
- International students not currently in the United States who plan to attend Rutgers in person in the fall will be provided the opportunity to get vaccinated upon entry into the United States.
- Rutgers will accept WHO-approved vaccines for international students vaccinated abroad and will continue to monitor the effectiveness of WHO-approved vaccines and the safety/effectiveness of boosting with an FDA-approved vaccine as more vaccination data become available.
- International students should communicate with International Student & Scholar Services regarding details.
Once vaccinated, all students must enter their vaccine information in the Rutgers Student Immunization portal.
- CONTINUING STUDENTS: Follow the details regarding the COVID-19 vaccine information as your other immunizations would have been uploaded during your first semester.
- NEW STUDENTS (starting in fall 2021): Select your school and enter all of your immunization information along with your COVID-19 vaccine information.
- NetID and password are required to enter the site.
- If you have issues gaining access to the site, please e-mail email@example.com.
Have questions? Find additional information, including FAQs, on the Rutgers University COVID Vaccine information page, with links to the CDC and Department of Health.
Housing Information: Students may live in on-campus housing this fall ONLY if the vaccination requirement has been fulfilled (see above). Visit http://ruoncampus.rutgers.edu/housing-update-2021-2022/ for information about on-campus housing.
New Student Orientation: If you are a new or transfer student arriving in the fall, make sure to sign up for a New Student orientation session at http://nso.rutgers.edu/orientation/.
We are excited to welcome you to campus in the fall and appreciate everyone’s efforts in creating a safe and welcoming environment. With your help, we can have a successful in-person return to Rutgers University–New Brunswick.
Salvador B. Mena, Ph.D.
Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
Rutgers University–New Brunswick
Francesca M. Maresca, Ph.D., CHES®
Interim Assistant Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs–Health & Wellness