As the first week of classes have come to a close, I’d like to take this opportunity to express my heartfelt thanks for all of your service and dedication. Many of you worked around the clock in preparation for our students’ return to campus, and the positive outcome of your efforts are evident.
As I walk down College Ave, drive around the other campuses, and attend events, there’s a palpable energy and excitement in the air that you helped inspire. As we do every year for our incoming and returning students, we rolled out an unparalleled red carpet for them. Below are some of the highlights of our efforts:
- To ensure compliance with the meningitis ACYW immunization requirement, 36,902 individual student immunizations were reviewed from 5/13/2018 to 9/4/2018.
- 15,202 students were checked-in to their residence halls while continuing services for our 12-month residents.
- Over 7,000 meals were served as students entered the RAC for Convocation.
- 2,405 first-year students participated at this year’s Throwdown.
- At Convocation/Carnivàle we had 6,800 students in attendance and another 200 volunteers, student leaders, reception guests, and members of the platform party participating.
- 1,547 students attended Club DM from 10PM-1AM on Sunday, September 2nd, and raised $15,470 for Rutgers Dance Marathon 2019.
- Over 15,000 students attended the Involvement Fair with a large number of staff members also present.
Additionally, many of you provided our students with immediate health care, exceptional crisis response, and facilitated new and returning student retreats.
I’m excited about the year ahead and the difference you will continue to make in the lives of our students. Please continue to collaborate with each other so that we can realize our greatest potential. With such an amazing team guiding our brilliant students, I feel an overwhelming sense of confidence that we are well on our way. Let’s continue to be at the forefront of modeling holistic student development, support, and care.