The R Family Council is a representative group of Rutgers–New Brunswick parents and families who:
- Serve as an advisory group working in close collaboration the Division of Student Affairs to help families foster a positive and enduring connection to the university.
- Commit to volunteering time, sharing knowledge, and expertise to programs that support the mission and goals of the Division of Student Affairs.
2021-2022 R Family Council
- Scott Alexander, P'24
- Diane Castro-Flood, P'22
- Joanne DeMartino, P'24
- Merlene Fredericks James, P'24
- Pooja Goyal, P'24
- Lorraine Halpin, P'23
- Sheree Kelly, P'22
- Charlene and Donald Kerns, P'24
- Maria Marwill-Magee, P'24
- Renate H. Rapp, P'21
- Deborah Simmons, P'24
- Marilyn Thompson, P'23
- Lisa Tobin, P'24
- Cynthia Walker, P'21,23,24
R Family Council Responsibilities
Council Members act as liaisons to the Division of Student Affairs by supporting its mission, purpose, goals and in the following ways:
- Welcoming new families to Rutgers
- Encouraging, understanding, and communication between Rutgers and all parents and families
- Supporting the programs of the department of Parent and Family Programs
- Act as ambassadors for all parents and families
R Family Council Benefits
- Shape the family experience
- Learn about University resources
- Hear from Rutgers Administrators
- Network with Rutgers parents
If you are interested in learning more or becoming a member, complete our R Family Council Interest Form.
Visit parents.rutgers.edu to connect with Rutgers Parent and Family Programs.