The R Family Council is a representative group of Rutgers–New Brunswick parents and families who:
- Serve as an advisory group working in close collaboration the Division of Student Affairs to help families foster a positive and enduring connection to the university.
- Commit to volunteering time, sharing knowledge, and expertise to programs that support the mission and goals of the Division of Student Affairs.
R Family Council Responsibilities
Council Members act as liaisons to the Division of Student Affairs by supporting its mission, purpose, goals and in the following ways:
- Welcoming new families to Rutgers
- Encouraging, understanding, and communication between Rutgers and all parents and families
- Supporting the programs of the department of Parent and Family Programs
- Act as ambassadors for all parents and families
R Family Council Benefits
- Shape the family experience
- Learn about University resources
- Hear from Rutgers Administrators
- Network with Rutgers parents
If you are interested in learning more or becoming a member, complete our R Family Council Interest Form.
2021-2022 R Family Council
Anna V. Higgins P'24
Contact Ashlea Coulter, Associate Director - Student Affairs, Ashlea.firstname.lastname@example.org, 848-445-1865.
Visit parents.rutgers.edu to connect with Rutgers Parent and Family Programs.